Experience a thrilling cinematic VR adventure like no other as you race to uncover the secrets of the mysterious Sentinel Islands. Explore amazing locations, meet a cast of unforgettable characters, solve puzzles and fight for your very survival.
Area of Darkness: Sentinel is a psychological thriller/adventure game that offers you a uniquely immersive cinematic VR experience like no other. Set in 1978, you’ll play as Dr Anne Evans on her journey from New York to the iconic Sentinel Islands; one of the few remaining places in the world untouched by modern civilization; a true area of darkness. Along the way, you’ll encounter a cast of intriguing characters and creatures, uncover harrowing mysteries and fight for your very survival.
- Play as archaeologist Dr Anne Evans in the faithfully-recreated 1970’s game world
- Immerse yourself in the truly cinematic experience with its 135-page script and decisions that affect the storyline and multiple endings
- Breathtaking locations to explore: from an upstate New York mansion to millennia-old tombs on the Sentinel Islands
- Experience thrilling, life-like set pieces built from the group up for VR, including the sensation of parachuting from a plane at 30,000 feet!
- Interact with a vibrant cast of characters that all play an essential role in the unfolding mystery
- Fight supernatural creatures using the intuitive, motion-based combat system
- Solve unique puzzles using a variety of techniques such as controller motion, item combining, physics-based throwing, and environmental manipulation
- Collect dozens of fully voiced journal entries, telling an exciting sub-narrative of those who came before...
- Fully motion-captured scenes choreographed using professional actors and voice actors, with animation created by an Emmy-nominated Animation Director
- Full body view (no floating hands here) and a physical inventory system (without the need to navigate through menus) allows for total VR immersion
- Smooth VR-optimized movement and rotation options mean no motion sickness!
- Cinematic movement and rotation options for the VR Purists out there - feel the intensity!